The USO Lounge serves as a "home away from home" to military personnel traveling through Reagan National Airport. Access is privileged to Active, Reserve, National Guard, Merchant Marine, retirees and their dependents. Military ID is required. DoD contractors and civilians authorized access with ID.
Complimentary amenities include:
- Hospitality desk staffed by knowledgeable USO volunteers
- Photocopying and faxing services provided by Canon
- TV with movie library
- Free snack bar
- Wireless Internet access courtesy of Verizon
- Unlimited domestic and international VoIP calls provided by Verizon and Aastra
- Ground transportation and lodging assistance
Corporate sponsors include: Verizon Business, CACI and Pitney Bowes. Additional sponsorships are available. In March 2008, the USO moved into a new and much larger lounge. This facility was made possible by the Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority donating space, URS Corporation contributing architectural services for its design and Turner Construction donating construction management services.
During 2012, 23,776 people visited the lounge at Reagan--that's 1,981 a month! Approximately 200 volunteers and one employee staff the Lounge contributing more than 12,300 hours of service. For more information on volunteering, contact Linda Vine at Linda@usometro.org or (703) 417-8874.