The Joint Base Myer-Henderson Hall military community is as unique as it is beautiful. The base is home to the Army's Old Guard and U.S. Army Band, as well as the Marines of Henderson Hall. Many troops at JBM-HH serve in the ceremonial units that support our heroes at Arlington National Cemetery.
The USO Center at JBM-HH is the newly renovated USO Honor Guard Lounge. Since opening its doors in 1979, USO-Metro has served nearly 300,000 service members and their families in the Joint Base Myer-Henderson Hall community.
The USO Honor Guard Lounge remodel was made possible through generous contributions including:
• Operation Enduring Care grant through USO, Inc. to support a state of the art gaming station, computers and several new amenities
• Donation by Quest Software to upgrade the USO office furniture
• In-kind donation from Harkins Builders, which completely renovated the lounge, provided many new amenities including the movie theater, and contributed to the upgrade of the USO-Metro offices
The lounge is staffed by knowledgeable USO volunteers and open for expanded hours. The lounge offers complimentary services to traveling service members and their families including:
• A gaming center complete with an Xbox Kinect, a Wii system with 4 wireless gaming chairs, a 52" plasma TV, and a variety of popular games
• Five computer workstations and wireless internet
• A movie theater with leather recliners and a 72" 3-D high definition television
• Variety of snacks and beverages
• DVD and book libraries
Looking for a Community Service Project? The USO Honor Guard Lounge is always in need of snacks & drinks! Please click here for more information.