The USO Lounge serves as a "home away from home" to military personnel traveling through Dulles International Airport. Access is privileged to Active, Reserve, National Guard, Merchant Marine, Retirees and their dependents. Military ID is required. DoD contractors and civilians authorized access with ID.
Complimentary amenities include:
- Hospitality desk staffed by knowledgeable USO volunteers
- Photocopying and faxing services provided by Canon
- TV with movie library
- Snack bar
- Wireless Internet access courtesy of Cisco
- Unlimited domestic and international VoIP calls provided by Verizon and Aastra
- Ground transportation and lodging assistance
Funding is provided by founding sponsor Northrop Grumman, and corporate partners Verizon Business and Cisco.
This facility was made possible by the Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority donating space, URS Corporation contributing architectural services for its design, and Turner Construction donating construction management services.
During 2012, 27,432 people visited the lounge at Dulles-- that's 2,286 a month! Approximately 220 volunteers and one employee staff the Lounge contributing more than 13,000 hours of service. Volunteer inquiries may be directed to Andrea Tassan at 703-572-4897 or firstname.lastname@example.org.