The USO International Gateway Lounge is a $1.1 million, 5,000-square-foot facility serving the U.S. Armed Forces traveling to and from duty stations in Europe, Southwest Asia and the United States.
The Lounge serves as a "home away from home" for military personnel traveling through BWI Airport. Access is granted to Active, Reserve, National Guard, Merchant Marine, Retirees and their dependents. Military ID is required. DoD contractors and civilians receive authorized access with ID.
Due to health and safety reasons, only military dogs travelling on orders and services animals are allowed in the lounge.
Complimentary Amenities include:
- Hospitality desk staffed by knowledgeable USO volunteers
- Secure baggage storage area
- Photocopying and faxing services provided by Canon
- Family room with cribs, toys, TV/DVD and movie library
- Restrooms with diaper changing tables
- 72-inch screen TV lounge with DVD and extensive movie library
- Snack bar
- Wireless Internet throughout Lounge courtesy of Cisco
- Technology center with Internet access using computers provided by Microsoft
- Unlimited domestic and international VoIP calls provided by Verizon and Aastra
- Sleeping room with wake-up calls available
- Ground transportation and lodging assistance
Corporate partners include Microsoft, Verizon Business, Four Points by Sheraton BWI and Lockheed Martin.
Click here to see local coverage of the BWI USO-Metro Salute to Veterans event.
During 2012, more than 81,208 people visited the USO lounge at BWI-- that's 6,767 a month! Approximately 237 volunteers and three employees staff the Lounge contributing more than 22,500 hours of service. Volunteer inquiries may be directed to Midge Matlock-Williams, 410-859-3890, firstname.lastname@example.org.